Lots of modern router manufacturers come with newer versions of wireless modems. You want to choose a modem that suits for your needs and budget. After buying the modem, you want to setup your wireless modem for accessing the internet.
Going to setup a wireless modem in home or office is not a very difficult task. You want to ready with a computer among a wireless set-up adapter. Further, you want to have high speed internet connection. You may also need router-specific setup software and a PC with a wired network adapter.
How to setup wireless modem on windows 7 PC?
- First, you want to attach your modem to your computer with the use of an Ethernet cable.
- Then, you need a power source for your modem. You want to wait for a moment.
- A network icon which looks like a small PC next to it or vertical bars in the notification area. You want to click that network icon.
- List of offered networks will be displayed on your screen. You want to choose your wireless network to finish the system process.
- By default, network name will be same as your router manufacturer’s name.
Configuring without setup software
- Using an Ethernet cable, you want to fix your router to the modem.
- After that, you need to attach the router in a power cord. You want to make sure that your router is entirely prepared.
- Make use of Ethernet cable to join the router to your PC.
- Open a browser and enter the IP address in the address bar to login to your router’s web interface.
- The IP address wants to be in the list of your router’s records. If you cannot discover it, you can refer some common IP address.
- Enter the username and password of your router. You can find it in your router’s documentation or else you can search for it in default username and password pages in online sites.
- Setup a network name and password with the use of web interface.
- Disconnect your PC from the router and reconnect by using wireless mode. Finally, you can enjoy the internet access in wireless network.
Setup modem with software
- Make sure that your modem is disconnected from the router, computer and power source.
- Then, you want to insert the software that came with your modem on your computer. Even, you can download the software and run the latest version.
- Follow the instructions available in the software. The setup regime asks you to connect your modem and PC in a specific order.
- At this point, you will be asked to create your username and password for your wireless network. Then, you can access the internet connection wirelessly without any hassles.
Most of the home broadband routers make use of 192.168.1.1 IP address as the default IP address. Initially, this internet protocol address was used by Linksys manufacturer and then it has been utilized in multiple devices. According to 192168ll.net many factories set their default IP address as 192.168.1.1 to promote a consistent computing environment for easy and quick access. The IP address 192.168.1.1 is a private IPv4 address and it can be configured for any devices at anywhere. Enter the 192.168.1.1 IP address in your web browser to alter its default settings at any time.